The Sunset Freewheelers have evening rides in the summer – the calendar for 2017 will be announced in the Spring
Do you wish to get out with like-minded people for an early evening spin in the beautiful Surrey countryside?
Then the Tuesday evening rides are for you.
Here is what we offer
- A ride every second Tuesday evening led by a highly competent ride leader.
- Rides start at 7 PM prompt, last about 2 hours, and we aim to end the main part of the ride by sunset.
- Expect to cover 20 to 25 miles at a steady but sociable pace of 11 to 13 MPH.
- To add to the social character of the ride, we always stop in a pub upon completion, typically within a few minutes ride of the start.
- One meeting point – Godalming Crown Court Car Park, behind the Jack Phillips pub.
- The evening rides programme runs from May until August 2017. (see the matrix below or look up the Calendar or the Rides List. (July-August programme to be posted in June)
- The rides are fun, will help you to get fit!. If you enjoy them we’d really like you to join the CTC. Ask your ride leader for details.
Here is what we ask of you
- Good front and rear lights are essential as it will likely be dark on the way back, if it rains, or if you get delayed mending a puncture. Anyhow, it’s the law in the UK so please come properly equipped so you don’t get turned away.
- Arrive a good 10 minutes before ride start as you’ll need to register.
- Group riding is a wonderfully sociable way to cycle, and also provides support. However, it does require a tad more discipline and awareness than solo cycling.
- Do have a look at “How We Ride”. Equipment, do’s and don’ts: it’s all there.
- There may be last minute changes to a ride so please always check the “Latest News” on our website (an hour before you set off for the meeting point. You can also sign up to receive email alerts directly.
Any questions? Please call one of the Sunset Freewheelers’ ride leaders.
Date Meeting Point Location Sunset
dates for 2017 to be added in the Spring
* Note that the rides from Godalming will likely include some off-road sections (gravel paths).